Precor TRM 243 Energy Series Review
Another one of our top-rated treadmills Precor believe fitness is key to living the life you desire; their newest range of treadmills are designed for a truly personalized experience. For 25 years Precor has been the choice most of the top health clubs and training facilities worldwide.
The expertise that they have gained from these environments directly influences the design and the engineering they make for your home. The home treadmill range comes equipped with performance and convenience features, helping give you a great workout outside of a health club.
You will feel the difference that commercial grade parts and construction makes, ease of use is also central to the Precor philosophy. If you purchase this machine, you are purchasing a high quality, long-lasting piece of engineering. It will be a long term investment that will not let you down.
The TRM 243 has responsive motion controls and an intuitive touch console that lets you personalize your workout. Ground Effects Impact Control System provides the perfect amount of cushioning where you land, and stability where you push off for all types of exercise.
Integrated Footplant Technology helps reduce impact across knees, ankles and hips by making instantaneous adjustments to the belt speed that matches your natural stride pattern.
Automatically upload your workout data to the Preva mobile app making it easy to track your goals and achievements. The reliability of this machine comes from the commercial grade parts that are time proven from many of the health club that they operate in, these machines are run tested for over twelve thousand miles.
The machine comes with one of the best warranties available, lifetime coverage on the frame and up to ten years on mechanical parts.
The TRM 243 is designed to help you go further and keep you in better shape, it’s a great all around machine no matter your fitness goal.
LCD Touch Display
Other than looking great the touch display on the TRM 243 is smart enough to suggest workouts to you based on your goals and progress. It also lets you select what information you want displayed.
The screen is a 7”, 16:9 colour display with backlit touch buttons and it has an acrylic LCD faceplate. It has 4 user profiles that let you create personal preferences for a more specific workout.
You can change options on the display during your workout to help you keep motivated and to keep your workout efficient. This machine is so smart that it automatically saves your distance workout and automatically adjusts the pace and incline next time you run.
The display offers 27 different metrics of information feedback these include:
- Time Remaining
- Time Elapsed
- Segment Time
- Finish Time
- Total Distance
- Elevation Gain
- Distance Remaining
- Average Pace
- Average Speed
- Current HR
- Current Zone
- Average HR
- Max HR
- Target HR
- Time in Zone
- Graphs: Speed, Incline, Heart Rate, Incline, Speed, % Complete
New Precor Precision™ and Energy™ Series Home Treadmills [Video]
The Precor TRM 243 also has 23 preset workouts designed to help you reach your goal no matter what, these programs include:
- Be Fit: Intervals 1-1, 2-1, 4-1
- Rolling Hills
- Mountain Peaks
- Heart Rate Cardio
- Lose Weight: 4-3 Interval, Aerobic, Aerobic Plus, Fat Burner, Heart Rate Fat Burn
- Push Performance: Intervals 1-4, 1-2; Heart Rate Zone
- Get Toned: Glute Toner, Glute Toner Plus, Leg Sculpt, Leg Sculpt Plus
- Go The Distance: 1 Mile, 5K, 10K, Fitness Test, Manual
Energy Stride Technology
This shock absorption technology is a patented system from their commercial range. Designed to reduce stress on your joints by giving areas of the deck optimal amounts of underfoot cushioning and rigidity for a very comfortable workout.
Just under the console the TRM 243 has lever style motion controls that help you safely and conveniently adjust the speed and incline without interrupting your stride.
Each user ID gets weekly workout statistics which can automatically upload to Preva. Preva is state-of-the-art software designed to personalize the fitness experience, the app will help you achieve your goals and motivate you through support.
As well as the smart features of Energy Stride Technology, which you can read about in this Precor TRM 243 brochure, the deck is designed to be compact enough for home use, whilst still letting user comfortably reach top speed.
The belt is made from multi-ply polyester satin weave with a PVC non-slip surface, it’s maintenance free and has dry silicone lubrication.
The deck composition is made from phenolic laminated material bonded to medium density fibreboard.
Precor TRM 243 Energy Series Treadmill FAQ’s
- What is the length of this machine? The Precor TRM 243 is 81” long
- What is the width of this machine? The Precor TRM 243 is 33” wide
- What is the height of this machine? This machine is 59” tall
- How much does it weigh? This machine weighs 238lbs
- What are the power requirements of this machine? 120V, 60Hz; dedicated 15A circuit
- What is the warranty like? The frame and welds have lifetime coverage, the parts and wear items have 5 years, the console has 3 years and you get 1 year labour. This is an excellent warranty
- What is the speed range of this machine? This machine ranges from 0.5-12 mph / 0.8-193 km/h
- What is the Incline range for this machine? This machine doesn’t have a decline option but the range goes up to 15% incline
- What are the running surface dimensions? The running surface is 57 x 20”
- How thick is the deck? The deck is 1” thick
- How powerful is the motor? The TRM 243 has a 3.0 HP continuous duty motor
- What is the maximum user weight? The maximum user weight is 300lb
- What is the step-up height to the treadmill? The step-up height on this machine is 7.5”
- Can this machine monitor heart rate? Yes, this machine has a touch heart monitor. It’s also is compatible with any Polar chest strap transmitter
- Is this machine compatible with the iPhone? Yes, with the iPhone or iPod you get full audio control, with which you can play/pause, volume up/down/mute, track forward/back and charge
- Does it have a tablet holder? Yes, this machine comes with a SmartGrip holder which is located above the display screen so that you can still see your workout data. Your tablet can be securely put in place making sure there is no risk of it falling during heavy strides
- How many preset workouts does it have? This machine has 23 preset workout program options: Be Fit: Intervals 1-1, 2-1, 4-1; Rolling Hills, Mountain Peaks, Heart Rate Cardio, Lose Weight: 4-3 Interval, Aerobic, Aerobic Plus, Fat Burner, Heart Rate Fat Burn, Push Performance: Intervals 1-4, 1-2; Heart Rate Zone, Get Toned: Glute Toner, Glute Toner Plus, Leg Sculpt, Leg Sculpt Plus, Go The Distance: 1 Mile, 5K, 10K, Fitness Test, Manual
- Does it have storage? The TRM 243 has water bottle and accessory pockets
- How many user profiles does this machine have? This machine comes with 4 user profiles and 4 custom workouts per user
Precor Treadmill HIIT Workout [Video]
So, what’s the verdict?
Precor is a top manufacturer so expect excellent design, durability and reliability. It is in our top ten of home treadmills available; due to its strong construction, ease of use and smart features.
It’s very quiet when in use and the small deck makes this a great addition to any home gym. If you find it hard to keep entertained and motivated whilst on a treadmill, Precor have done their best to add features such as Preva app connection and a tablet holder to make sure you enjoy your experience.
The shock absorption technology makes this treadmill a great choice for those who have joint pain, injuries or who are beginners or elderly. The Energy Stride system provides extra support specifically to your stride pattern, this gives an extra layer of comfort compared to other treadmills.
The console is easy to use and interactive, it has lots of tech and data to help you with your workout. The lever style controls make changing speed and incline safe and easy, whilst the access to the app gives a whole other dimension to workout tracking. The TRM 243 also has a large variety of workout programs that can help you no matter your goal.
The powerful motor and is reliable and quiet, as well as being one of the highest performing motors on the market it also requires little upkeep.
To improve this machine, I would like to see Precor offer a wireless chest strap transmitter for heart rate monitoring as standard, other machines in the same price range offer this. The deck is also a little short if you’re a taller user, although this is convenient to save space in your home.
Overall this is an excellent machine, you pay a large price tag but you get a lot in return for your investment. Although there are lower price treadmills available with the same features, you pay for the reliability and workmanship of Precor. You can rest assured that you only have to purchase this machine ones and it will last a lifetime with very little maintenance. The Precor TRM 243 deserves its place in our best treadmills list!