As our best buy Treadmill this Sole F85 takes the coveted #1 spot in our best treadmills for home use top 10 compariosn table. Here's why:
Why is the Sole F85 Treadmill a must have?
Personally I’m very impressed with Sole fitness equipment in general. They offer extremely high quality treadmills backed with good warranties, money back guarantees and excellent features to help make exercise feel just that little bit easier.
Sole have gained significant accolades for their products such as 2 Best Buy Awards and a Recommended Fitness Product of the Year. All due to their efficiency, innovation, design and quality.
Two features that really distinguish Sole Treadmills from competitors are:
- Cushion Flex Whisper Deck which is uniquely designed to provide comfort, impact reduction and a quiet workout. Proven to help reduce joint impact by 40% compared to road running
- Easy Assist Folding, which makes folding the treadmill to upright and down safe and simple. Its safety lock allows it to be stored safely in the upright position making it a child friendly machine. When your ready to bring it down simply unlock and the deck will unfold slowly hands free
The F85 is their top of the range folding design treadmill its main features are:
- Large running space, although it is a space saving treadmill it has a large deck that sole offers with a width of 22”, perfect for those who don't yet feel comfortable running on a moving belt or those who like to push the limits of their fitness
- Powerful Motor, an extremely high performance and durable machine that can take you to 12mph with a press of a button, the impressive 4.0 CHP motor will get you there will no delay or drama
- Clear display screen, the display offers large and clear readouts with all the basic information you expect such as Heart Rate, Pace, Speed, Calories and other workout details
- Integrated sound system with Mp3 compatibility rounds off an excellent display center. The F85 can also be connected with Bluetooth from any device
- Smart extras, as well as the Sole standard features of Whisper Deck and Easy Assist technology, a convenient addition is the controls set on the handrails which allow you to quickly adjust your speed or incline without interrupting your running pattern
Is This Sole F85 Suitable For Beginners?
Due to it large deck and easy to use display this is the perfect machine for a beginner. The frame is strong and doesn't move on impact, which puts users at complete ease.
Does it have an incline option?
Yes, the one touch system allows you to go from 0-15% with a touch of a button.
Is It Hard To Assemble?
Sole treadmills are easy to assemble, following a manual you should be able to complete it comfortably in under an hour. All basic tools needed will be provided.
Does It Come With A Warranty?
Sole fitness offer very comprehensive warranties with their treadmills. The strong frame offers a lifetime warranty as well as the powerful motor and cushioned deck. You will also benefit from the five year warranty on parts, electronics and two years in-home labor.
Is It Bluetooth Compatible?
Yes, you will easily connect your music via your devices to the integrated sound system. As well as music you can also transfer workout data from popular fitness apps such as Fitbit and Apple Health.
What Do The Standard Programs Include?
Preset training programs include manual, Fatburn, Cardio, Strength, Interval Heart Rate 1-2 and two user profiles to store information for different users. Other machines in this category do have more programs but the additional feature of a tablet holder allows you to open up training apps that can help you add an endless amount of guided workouts. Some have a Personal Trainer option or can help you train for events such as Marathons, iron Man Competitions or even just for weight loss.
Does It Include a Heart Rate Monitor?
It has two options to check your heart rate dependent on your preference, the pulse grips featured on your handle grips allow you to safely watch your heart rate. There is also a chest strap included if your comfortable running with on, this will automatically send your data onto the display. Unlike some other treadmills where the Heart Rate monitor is inaccurate, this is deemed to be 99.9% accurate.
Sole F85 Review [Video]
Does It Come With Basic Accessories?
The F85 has dual turbo cooling fans along with an accessories tray and water bottle holder.
Is It Noisy?
This machine is made from high quality parts fit around a very strong frame. The motor is powerful enough never to feel like its struggling to hit max speeds and the track that requires very little maintenance has large rollers 2.75” in diameter that give a quiet experience. As you stride, on impact the Cushionflex Whisper Deck technology helps absorb any noise as you run, even for the heaviest users running at a fast pace. Even when folding and unfolding the machine is pretty silent, the easy assist makes sure there is never any sudden dropping of the deck.
Is Running On A Treadmill Easier Than Running Outside?
Treadmills have features such as cooling fans, cushioned decks and entertainment to make sure experience feel easier. At the same speeds there is no difference between running outside and running on a treadmill in terms of results, but it is a great way to escape the weather and sometimes the dangers of running outside.
What Footwear Should I Wear On The Treadmill?
If your training for an event its often wise to wear the same shoes your using for the event to make sure your comfortable with them. If your training for fitness you can usually wear a lighter and thinner soled trainer as the deck is softer and cushioned.
Sole F85 Treadmill Information [Video]
What Is The Difference Between This Treadmill And One That Costs Under $1000?
If your looking for a whole lifestyle change and you know buying a treadmill isn't just a fad, make sure you invest in a high quality treadmill. Cheaper options can break in a matter of months with regular use where as ones costing closer to $1500 can last a lifetime. These options come with stronger frames and better motors that are designed to consistently give you a smooth workout for years to come. There’s nothing worse than trying to perform at your best only to be let down by a poorly built machine.
How Can I Use This Sole F85 Treadmill Machine To Burn Fat?
For beginners i would recommend the following workout regime to start:
- Week 1 = Walk/Run 3x per week @ 50% of Max Heart Rate* on non consecutive days for 20 minutes
- Week 2 = Walk/Run 3x per week @ 55% of Max Heart Rate* on non consecutive days for 30 minutes
- Week 3 = Walk/Run 3x per week @ 60% of Max Heart Rate* on non consecutive days for 40 minutes
- Week 4 = Walk/Run 3x per week @ 65% of Max Heart Rate* on non consecutive days for 50 minutes
For Intermediate or advanced train 3-4 times per week on non consecutive days with the following regime:
- Week 1 = 30secs run @ 70-90% of MHR* followed by 90secs walk @ 40-70% MHR* for 15 minutes
- Week 2 = Add 5 minutes to the total workout time
- Week 3 = Add 5 minutes to the total workout time
- Week 4 = Add 5 minutes to the total workout time
*Max Heart Rate (MHR) is estimated with the calculation of 220-Age, So someone who is 40 years old will roughly have the MHR of 180bpm (beats per minute), 50% of their MHR would be 90bpm.
What Is The Sole Fitness App?
This app connects to your treadmill, elliptical or bike via Bluetooth. Allowing you to track and view workout data whilst also accessing internet and social networks. Once your workout is complete it will automatically upload the data into your personal calendar. Its compatible with Fitbit, Facebook, Twitter, Record, healthKitApp and MapMyFitess allowing you to share your results with your friends, whilst being accountable for your workouts with social support.
Sole Fitness F85 Treadmill Review [Video]
So What’s The Review Verdict On The Sole F85?
The F85 is truly the top of the range folding treadmill, it promises to be ‘The Best Folding Treadmill on The Planet’ and is doesn't disappoint.
There are some better options if your looking for space saving as this machine unfolded is still quite big with 80” of length.
But if you want a good looking, high quality machine this is an excellent investment. The recent 2016 update adds advanced tech features such as Bluetooth connection and a tablet holder that doesn't cover the main display. Allowing you to look at data from the Sole Fitness App as well as the display simultaneously. You will also be able to watch films or your favourite series as well as surf the internet or Facebook whilst you workout.
For the around $2000 category there isn't much competition in terms of all round ability. But be sure to understand what preferences are best suited to you, if you like a lot of features and virtual reality tours this machine is limited with only 10 programs available. However, it fully desrves the #1 spot in our top rated treadmills for home use in our comparison table for sheer quality and value.